Thread: Hubby funny
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 05:24 AM
sewmom

Originally Posted by Bneighbor View Post
I used to make custom wedding gowns, formal wear and costumes. People would constantly ask me to mend stuff. Zippers in jeans was the most common asked for item. They would ask what to do, my reply was "throw them out, buy new ones and get the proper size so your belly doesn't bust your zipper". The other one was, people would bring me formal dresses that had already been worn and say they would wait to dry clean it AFTER I altered it. Really, you want me to work on your dirty clothes? Then they would be surprised when I said it must be cleaned before I touch anything. I hem and do alterations, BUT only if I want to. Which lately has been none.
my new motto: My machine, My time, My decision.
I like this post! I worked in our local mall doing jean hemming at The Buckle clothing store( i got a 40% discount and my kids were teens). Someone brought in a pair of jeans that needed to be hemmed. They looked like they had been worn in a barnyard. YUCK ! I hemmed them but told the manager that I would not hem dirty jeans again! Another time I started to hem a pair and there was blood in the crotch! I about gagged. I absolutely refused to touch those. Turned out they belonged to an emplyee! People are gross!