Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Vanogay

Well, TeddybearLady, hope you have made it through your party without too much wayward eating! I was involved in feeding mission teams through our church. These teams come from other parts of the state to help where it is needed. The local college houses them and different churches throughout the area feed them. We have them for a week at a time. I only volunteered for the breakfast meal, but with that, I was eating way more for breakfast that I would normally eat. We really fed them hearty breakfasts - something different each day and then some left overs on Friday - scrambled eggs with ham, biscuits and sausage gravy, grits every day, bread pudding, egg and sausage casserole, sliced tomatoes with cold cereals or instant oatmeal packets, juices and milks - you name it - each day was a banquet - and they so enjoyed it. The night meal was hearty as well. I told myself I'd watch what I was eating - and I did, I watched myself eat more than I really needed. Well, it's over and I'm back to my house menu - don't have all the temptations here at home. Need to really start checking on the weight numbers again (I didn't weigh at all during last week).