View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 04:44 PM
snipforfun

Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
I will be test driving Baby Lock Elissimo Gold on Monday. If you have it, what do you think about it? Love it, hate it, the good, the best, the bad and the ugly. I have to mention here that this will be my first, last and the only machine from now on. I want it to embroider and sew impeccably. For the past 30 years I have been sewing on mechanical machines which I love, but they are sooo limiting. I would like a machine that can do both sewing and embroidery, not separate machines, and the one that can give me an ACCURATE 1/4 seam on its own, and Elissimo Gold seems to be able to do that. I watched all the YouTube videos and I am in love. (I had to keep my mind off my hubby being in the hospital So, help please, give me as much info as you can before I go in the dealer's shop on Monday and make a complete monkey out of myself.
You can go to babylock.com and do machine comparisons. Click on Elissimo and any other machine. The only difference that would interest me is the ability to size up and down more. However what I found out is it isnt possible with protected designs. Then the price difference is huge. If you are looking for accurate seams Imwould go with a straight stitch machine. I use my Brother 1500 for that and my Ellageo Plus for embroidery which also does sewing. In my opinion, accurate seams cant be left up totally to the machine. It needs a good operator. My Janome 6600 also does that for me. Again, I suggest the online comparisons ton give you info before you are pressured by a salesperson. The Elissimo is also a very heavy machine to lug around, especially for lessons!