View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 08:30 PM
petthefabric

Smile Took the plunge today, Bought a Bernina

My DH offered to buy a new Bernina 710 for Christmas, but I wasn't sure that's what I wanted.

I teach classes at the Bernina store, so I've been using the 710 for classes and asking questions. And some of my students had new machines that the staff helped them with during class. Got way more exposure to the machine than any other I've purchased. There was some stitches on the 750 that I liked. Kept asking questions and thinking about what else I might want. As time went on, I kept adding to my list of "wish it could do this". Well, today, I was using the 750 in class. Never was interested in the embroidery unit, because I'm an artist and like to design as I go. But some of the new designs started me thinking of other uses for them. And the harp is 2" larger on the 830.

Guess What! They had a used 830, completely refurbished at the factory for 1/2 price of the new one, making it very closely priced to the new 750. I've been saving up. So 6 months later I got my Christmas present. YEH!

Going to a retreat next week and plan to spend the week getting to know her. And there'll be a teacher there who sews on the 830, so if I get stuck, I can get help.

What to name her? What about Delayne for delayed Christmas gift?