View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Bneighbor

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
????? For all you embroidery machine / computer techs......hubby thinks instead of me saving all the designs to a flash drive that I shoul be able to save them to an wxtnal hard drive, then hook that up via USB plug (I place of the flash drive) and us this. Can that work? OR will having all the designs saved to the hard drive bog down the EM or can 8 just pull up the folder I want say ... Flowers and open that one folder up on the EM and it not bog down the machi e?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks so much!!!!
I have all of my designs (thousands) on a "Seagate/My Passport" by Western Digital. I actually have 2 and have everything on both. ( just in case one dies or breaks I have everything backed up again.) I put my design in pre-designated folders, and back up every time I add new designs. I plug in the Seagate and drop the items directly to the 2g thumb drive and use it directly on my Quattro, or I have other items I am working on in folders on my desktop, things I want to make changes to. Once the changes are made, I make sure I name it, and date it (to know changes were made), then add it back to the appropriate folder. I know the original from the changed design by the name and date, that way I can alway go back to the original, copy and paste to my Florian software and make new changes. Original is always safe. I also have Floriani image maker, very nice program, give you thumbnail pictures of each design without opening your design software.

Last edited by Bneighbor; 06-23-2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Additional info