View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 06:38 AM
clsurz

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
LaQuita, my machines both use a flash drive, but I cannot imagine keeping all my designs on one! After collecting designs for two or three years I have thousands and they wouldn't fit. I have them all on my computer (backed up on disk, on a second computer and to an online backup service).

This helps in several ways:
1. I have a program that visually displays PES and other files so I can see what they are
2. I can open the color charts and convert their colors to the threads I have on hand
3. I have all my designs organized in folders by category and by what makes sense to ME.

Hard drives will fail eventually, so be sure you have several methods of back up and do it once a week.
I so totally agree with this. I have all my designs saved on several flash drives, a datastick, and external driveS and than some.

Although I have gotten a ton of free designs I also have invested a good amount on other designs and not about to lose any of it.

I just this past week spent the time to organize them in folders and named many of them so I could easily find them in various categories. Had not done this earlier on and it was a mess trying to find things. I even color coded my flash drives by where I bought the designs so if something happens I can go back to that site and re-download it if need be.