View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Shelbie

Bearsigray definitely asked the right questions. I have three machines set up all the time because I can't find a machine that does it all for me. My Juki TL-98Q is set up with a walking foot or FM foot for machine quilting. It is fast, powerful and wonderful but it is only straight stitch. My Husqvarna #1 Plus is set up as it does multiple stitches and embroidery. Then I have my vintage 201 Singer set up with a buttonholer (I make a lot of bags, kid's clothing) and for mending DH's heavy coveralls. I also have a Husqvarna 360 Prelude with walking foot and lots of feet in a travelling case always packed and ready to go out to my quilt classes or stitching days with friends. My machines that are always set up are in cabinets and there is no way that I would consider dragging them in and out so that I could take them to a class. I also have a Singer 301 that I sometimes take to stitching days and my Featherweights. I also have a lovely 127 Singer in an fancy oak cabinet that sits in my living room looking pretty. Do I need them all? Probably not but I enjoy them and use them and don't feel one bit guilty about them.

Last edited by Shelbie; 06-23-2013 at 06:56 AM.