Thread: Ideas needed!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 10:54 AM
blueheavenfla

I think a VERY narrow border of the bright pink...like only 1 inch or less, and then use whatever other batik you have in a darker blue to put on a wide border. It is hard to know for sure as computers mess up the shades/tones of the fabrics. You can see it first hand so are in a far better position to judge. The pattern is very interesting and I will be making note of it to use in the future. A nice quilt and a great memory maker since the sources of the fabric are multiple with at least one being a gift. I like that you have used the piece from your secret pal.
Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
Redgarnet222 - if you are referring to the fabric in the center of the squares, I only had a FQ of that to start with. Wish I knew where to find more, but I think it was a gift from a secret pal a couple years ago. And a big section of what is left is the bright pink you see in the corners of some of the squares. Did not see anything similar today when I went shopping. Will keep an eye out though 'coz those are my favorite colors besides purple.