Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
Wow Cathy! that worked like perfection, it must have been in a bind because when I loosened the screw it turned back to almost the correct spot by itself. just a tiny nudge and it was perfect.
Grant & Joe, I had gotten a foot with a 1/4" guide on it from sew-classic, when I put it on is when I noticed that something had changed greatly, I had the first foot (simanco) off for sometime as I was cleaning the SM.
In the second photo I was trying to show the angle that the bar was twisted. I was able to gently turn the bar until it was lined up perfect with the old foot on it.
I get such great advise on here, I feel truly blessed for having found this great place and the wonderful people on here.
~Karen
Karen, you are welcome. The advice was not only for you but for others reading this now and in the future too looking for similar advice. It may have been something that might have saved you some time and effort but for others that just "lurk" here too and may want some advice on how to make this adjustment/repair as well. I am very glad that you were able to fix your machine but others can gain by your great example as well. I have done this repair myself and it can be intimidating to be able to get it right. Sometimes all we need is a little direction. We all can imagine the problems and the horror that could happen if that needle came down on the foot. Not pretty.
~G~