View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Pam B

1. Singer treadle in a gorgeous cabinet- was my grandmother's machine...she passed in 1976
2. Viking Lily- purchased used about 15 years ago- has a nice stitch and very user friendly
3. Viking Rose- was my MIL's machine- the week before she died, her kids needed to quickly turn her sewing room into the room for the hospital bed. Her sewing machine in it's beautiful horn cabinet was being banished to the barn. Yikes! I suggested to DH that they bring it to our house instead. Someday our youngest DD will take it. Actually, I am not impressed with that machine but I surely do LOVE that Horn cabinet.
4. My Viking Ruby- purchased new in Dec. Love this machine!
5. A serger- given to me several years ago by a friend before she passed away. Never use it...it smokes and smells terrible when using it. Someday, it will go away and I will get a new serger.

I am enjoying learning to embroider with my Ruby. I like that I can start an embroidery project on my Ruby and then go ahead and sew on another project with my Lily. The Rose and serger are taking up space on the floor of my closet and my treadle machine is downstairs in a bedroom. I never have tried to use it. To be honest, I would not acquire machines just to be able to say that I have them. Someday, I do intend to get a long arm machine so I won't have to send my quilts out anymore. And, if I ever come across a featherweight at the right cost, I might be tempted to get it.