Old 06-23-2013, 02:17 PM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by tubsfam View Post
Girls, it's my first time and reading some of your posts is getting me confused.I thought we just send people one piece of material. Some of your pics are showing 3 different. Need this explained so I don't do it wrong. If it's just one how large a piece do I need to cut it down.I'm in a small group.

Thanks for your help
tubsfam (Marie)
Marie:

Generally most people send the same fabric to everyone within their group. This will give their quilt blocks a continuous "feel" by having pieces of the same fabric in them.

Some people want a truly "scrappy" quilt and will send out a variety of fabrics so they have a riot of colors coming back to them. This is a great way to use up some of your stash that hasn't found a "project" designation yet.

Still some other people will send out a couple different fabrics so they have another way to be cohesive within their quilt top...not all matchy matchy but yet pleasantly blended.

The choice is up to you and what you want to come back.

You can provide either a 9 x 22 piece of fabric or a 11 x 18 piece of fabric -- both are perfectly acceptable.

Notes within your f8's are terrific help also to the receivers. Say you send out red, white and blue fabric and want to do a patriotic quilt, tell people this and they'll have a great place to start with their block ideas. If you send out a wild print and only want solids used with it, be sure to tell people that in the note also...but don't be too restrictive in your requests...they could be solids, tone on tone or blenders. Remember, these are just requests...they don't have to be followed.

Hope this helps clear things up for you.