Old 06-23-2013, 10:41 PM
willis.debra

I believe it is called twisted star. I found it online for free and I can't find it again. I am attaching the paper piece pattern. Thanks for all the wonderful comments.

OK. Back story. My DBIL, Jeff Willis, is my DH younger brother. He has always been very generous with gifts for my family, like the gifts he got for our two children when they were born.

A little over a year ago my DH had a heart attack and the hospital in our small town was not equipped to handle all he needed done. So they moved him by ambulance to a hospital in Dallas which is over an hour away. He was unconscious for 2 weeks and part of the time they had him in a medicated coma so he would not fight the ventilator. They weren't sure he was going to make it through the first week. At the time my car was not running good so he came and got me and drove me to the hospital. He lives about 30 min. from the hospital he was sent to, in the other direction. He was very busy with his business at the time and was working about 60 hours a week. He still made time to come see his brother and me at the hospital at least once a day. He brought me food and took me to Walmart to get fresh clothes and fabric to make a table topper with. I had to go home to go back to work after DH was on the mend and awake. He came and got me and took me home. Still he came up to the hospital to visit John (DH) at least twice a day and spent the first several nights that I was gone up there with him. He was there for us when we needed him most. He is the best little brother that anyone could ask for.
Attached Thumbnails paper-pieced-star-block.jpg  

Last edited by willis.debra; 06-23-2013 at 10:59 PM.