Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 AM
Elisabrat

Well day two of my grand adventure started out with El Grumpo being a grizzly bear. I don't think anyone could snarl so much and still be able to smile later but its true! We made it out of Utah by 9. The city has a bit of a .. sulfer odor to it from the waters so heading out and up into the hills was a nice change up. The town of Provo is absolutely beautiful. I can honestly say it was a long long drive but I have seen so much it was worth it. Leaving Utah we went up this monsterous grade to the altitude of 8,500 feet! the truck was super thrilled to be heading up that hill pulling a uhaul. We have an F150 and it was a good work horse but sometimes it just was more like being in the "little engine that could" it did the think I can , think I can.. we hit a whopping 45 miles an hour at that point. I was thinking ah hell we will be pushing it up this hill if it goes any slower! Then we cross the great divide and left me tell you.. there is this amazing absolutely stunning view that comes in on the left side there, RED! ORANGE! Gold! cliff sides as the canyon/ravine shows up just like something you would expect in say Arizona? but here it is in Wyoming, then on the other side of that is this green slope. The earth had lifted up with such force there so many many years ago its just.. a well a marvel to see the vast contrast.. if you love scenery this is it for you. stunning. The drive into Cody was very pleasant, the kitties took a sweet nap (oh yes) and we both were pretty silent just taking it all in. Its rolling soft country here surrounded by mountains (not huge ones) and the river is just at the end of the street. Jan and her DH are such gracious host's and served up a well enjoyed home cooked meal. I have been craving a home cooked meal for a week now. Boy that hit it on the spot! I am sitting leisurely drinking coffee and soon to jump into a shower so we can go start the day unpacking! yipppeee!!

Morning to you all! Photos coming shortly!