View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Sandrea

I purchased a Husq. Viking Designer Diamond Delux (TOL) on E-Bay. It was a "Buy it Now" for $3600 and $100 shp. The description of condition: "Immaculate" and very low hours. I could not afford to buy one NEW from a dealer as they wanted close to $7000 plus the tax yet, so I would never be able to own one. So I decided to take a chance and I was so pleased. When it arrived, "everything" was so carefully wrapped in foam core & bubble plastic, (even the manuals), Most of the accessories were even still in the factory sealed packages. And they even enclosed 15 packs of Schmetz needles, and other sewing notions worth another $100 or so. In corresponding with the seller, I was told that he and his wife and sister, bought the machine for their mom's Bithday and she passed away 6 mo. later. I was so fortunate to be able to find that deal. (The man even paid extra shipping out of his own pocket to ship the machine to me faster because I told him I was going out of town and did not want the machine setting on my doorstep while I was away. I offered to pay him and he just said no, he was glad to do that for me). So sometimes you can find a really special deal and a really sincere seller. But I would also warn to beware and check things out on a high price item before you buy. I just took a chance and lucked out!! This time it paid to take a chance.