Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 AM
nancia

d'sm-- any chance they are the singing members of brat's entourage?? they are busy tormenting her with the epic song of paula dean's civil wars in the south-- did i have to go there? oh, yes, i did! and evidently, so did the cats. i feel sorry for all involved, but especially brat!
many years ago we moved from the northeast to the southwest. i had the car with all the noisemakers-- a teething baby and a cat who thought she was a civil defense siren. the third day into the trip i discovered i could tether her to her carrier (a super large one for a cat) and she rode the rest of the way as cleopatra on her barge, waving her tail to her public from the top of the carrier, and saints be praised, utterly silent. my husband drove the truck with everything we owned, dragging his car, stuffed with plants, behind him, and the poor carsick black irish setter puppy next to him on the front seat. so you see, brat is not the only one to have crossed the great plains by wagon ( ours was a '78 toyota, descendant of the conastoyota wagons our four fathers travelled in). the baby's first tooth popped through as we crossed the tex-arkana line, and there was peace throughout the land! we stayed at only the finest establishments, or the only ones that allowed cats, dogs and babies. several truckers offered to take me away from all this until my dh blocked the cb reception with his truck. sigh. white lightening, i'm still waiting for ya, baby! he sounded like the man of my dreams, going all the way to dallas and all i had to do was drive into the back of his 18 wheeler, and join him in the front cab for cheese and crackers and a little vino. sounded so much better than the deal i had! but that was 30 something years ago, and this deal has worked out pretty darn well in retrospect! dance with the one that brung ya, i always say! lol. said after that i would sell everything we owned and fly across if we ever came back to the east. well, i nearly did. paid someone to pack it drive it, and store it, while my dh drove across with a dog a cat a rabbit and a middle child. the youngest and i flew with one little cat in a squishy carrier under the plane seat. he didn't make a single meow till we landed. everyone was so surprised there was a cat on the plane! he's 20 yrs old now, and does nothing quietly any more.
so, soldier on, brat, and mr. grumpy pants! be glad you're not peddling a bicycle, or driving a 20 mule train wagon like ronald reagan did. things can ALWAYS be worse! and next time i make the trip back home to texas, i AM selling everything (except quilting related) and flying back! that first trip took us 5 days. i have since driven it in one. why did we drag it out? drive safe, brat and mr.gp!

Last edited by nancia; 06-24-2013 at 09:30 AM.