Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Linda B

Default Warning: Magazine subscription renewal scams

Like most of you, I subscribe to several quilting magazines. For the past couple of years I've been receiving renewal notices from something called "Magazine Billing Services." I started receiving renewal notices from this Maganize Billing Serivces, but ignored them because it was no where near the time to expect a renewal notices.

I got another one today. The amount of money they want is at least double what I originally paid. Finally, the light bulb went off to check the internet to see if this outfit was legit. THEY ARE NOT!! It is a scam that has apparently been going on for quite some time.

So, please be leary of any renewal notices that ARE NOT from the actual magazine itself. I really do not understand why these outfits cannot be shut down because this is SO illegal. My rant for today. I apologize if this has been discussed before (I haven't been on the Board very much lately), but I just felt it was too important not to bring it to your attention. And new people join this Board every day who may have missed previous discussions on this.