View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 04:20 PM
GrannieAnnie

Default another thrift store victory

A month or so ago, I picked up about 8 yards of a blue and white company logo fabric. Nothing really flashy, but good quality cotton. I've racked my brain trying to figure out what to do with it without creating a problem for myself

Well, my younger GS had a birthday recently. I've looked and looked and looked for the rag quilt strips I had torn for a flannel quilt out of CT fabrics. Really cute--------12 year old boy specials!

I asked my hubby and I guess in his enthusiasm to clean my dining room, he threw it away.

I've spent days trying to find some stuff in my stash for a dragging around the house blanket. I finally found some mid blue denim and some blue/white pillow ticking, but I needed a light weight cotton for the backing-------------------------------AND WHAT SHOULD APPEAR IN THE TOP A BOX-----------the blue and white commercial logo fabric. I'm not going to say what or why, but the company helped same my hiney and my DD's (GS's mom) a few decades ago. So it's special to the two of us and I'll tell my GS when I give it to him.

A big THANK YOU, GOD! all around