Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM
BuzzinBumble

Krystyna, your enthusiastic thanks is better than the best birthday party! A gift in and of itself! I am so glad you liked it all!
Thank you for the nice comments Anna & Jan. I always wanted to do a quilt in all 30's style fabrics. I'd like to say that I never in the world thought I would be able to do any kind of appliqué, but this swap has made me stretch my wings. This is the simplest kind of appliqué: raw edge shapes, heavily starched and fused with heat and bond before cutting out the shape (you can use a washable glue stick too) and then slowly and carefully stitched down. If you can cut out shapes and sew real slow, you can do it. Where I fall apart skill wise is in the actual quilting, so I try to keep it basic.
My friend sewbeadit found that perfect fabric I used for the backing, which even had a matching trailer!

Krystyna, no worries, I wasn't hiding in the clothing racks at the mall, busily ripping out labels. Not long after I read you were collecting labels I raided our closets and only came up with a very meager handful. So I kept my eye out and by sheer luck ran across a lady who was getting rid of her label collection. It was just meant to be.

Grandma Di - I adore scrappy strip quilts and the one you made for Cindy is the bee's knees!

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 06-24-2013 at 06:21 PM.