View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Skyangel

That page with the Bernina 900-series oiling points is posted in the Yahoo group "BerninaThirtySomethings" files section. I printed a copy to keep in my manual. If you can't find it PM me with your email address and I will email it to you.

I have a 910 that I found locally from a craigslist ad. It sews really sweet, it just does not have the decorative stitches of it's big sister the 930. I wanted a mechanical backup for my Bernina 440 and the 910 will probably outlive it. The one I have is from 1983 but it does have the heel-tap needle up-down that was introduced into the 900-series around then. You have to have the right foot control for it to work correctly. When I got mine, I was told the Bernina foot control had broken and they substituted a "generic" that worked fine. I recognized that they were trying to pass off a 70s Kenmore foot control (since I have two of those) and negotiated a reduction since I explained that it negated the needle up-down feature (although I did not know if it had it at that point!). Anyway, I was able to buy the correct foot for the 910 and it looks and works great now. Mine is blue/white, but they also made the 910 in brown/white like the 930.