Old 06-25-2013, 05:21 AM
gardnergal970

QuiltE...it would be a blast to have a IRL quilting bee! Jan's blocks are airing out. Don't have a plan just yet. Congratulations on your "real" quilt. I've also heard that spray recommended and there is a thing called slider that some have found helpful.
Anael...love your outdoor getaway. You've done so much with so little. Thanks for posting your blocks too. It's nice to see how we occupy ourselves when we don't have a common project going.
QNS...thanks for the pics of your garden. Even with the tire gardens it has to be a lot of work but it is beautiful. Are you still resting? Hope you get your tables figured out and your sewing room like you want it.
Carrie...your DH's friend will certainly enjoy the quilt. What is your next project?
Honchey...so good to hear from your. I can't imagine your pain and not being able to walk. I hope something can be done for a permenant fix other than taking your feet off. Nice that your sister is helping you and deep cleaning is progressing.
Merciland...what fun to meet descendants of the PC boys and girls. Is there another quilt in the making?
Mirabelle...good news from the Dr and bad news from the Dr. How is your DS doing? Is he a good patient? I see how sewing quilts consumes you so I'm sure you will find a way to keep at it while your shoulder rests. Sylvia has some appliqué blocks too so you could do them by hand.
GrannyQ....what a beautiful block for Jan. Hope things are going well with your DH's treatments. Take care of yourself.
Jeanie...do I hear the sound if hammers and the smell of paint?
OK...weather can simply wipe out the best plans of a farmer...even when it comes down to the third or fourth rendition and I know how it can take it's toll. There is obviously no easy answer. Farming as long as you have, you've been through hard spots before. Do what you have to do to keep your sanity.
Sunday I worked on MBs. Not much sewing. Yesterday I was looking at the WW quilt on the design wall and it was BORING so I decided to piece a block in place of the fabric square. Decided on Clay's Choice and I like it. Only 35 more to make. It's hot and humid here today and most likely the AC won't be put in the window so I'll camp out by a fan and think cool.