Old 06-25-2013, 06:07 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Charlee, congratulations on selling the 403a - the person who paid your price knew what they were getting so that machine will be well taken care of! I love the 400 and 500 series machines!

As far as being a hoarder, I think that depends on the rest of your stuff! My FIL had probably over 100 clocks throughout his house and garage, but I would never call him a hoarder. The house was really neat, just had clocks on all the shelves and walls! I have probably over 50 machines, but they are not in the way, tripping me or blocking halls, etc. I probably am a hoarder, but I look at hoarders as people who are sloppy, not neat with cluttered dirty hard to get through houses!

Nancy
Nancy, I agree with you. There is a big difference between a collector and a hoarder. I think that one of the main keys is organization and how they are displayed. I saw pictures recently of a jaw dropping collection of over a thousand sewing machines in a woman's house. They were all neatly displayed and in groups. Here is a link. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/...nes-oh-my.html
She is a collector, the most serious one I have seen to date. But not a hoarder, ok maybe by someone else's definition, but not mine.
~G~