View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:43 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by quiltjoey View Post
By some standards, too many! Everyone tells me, " What do you want with another sewing machine"? I only have :
1. Viking Designer 1, sewing & embroidery
2. 1960ish Kenmore in a cabinet: a pain with tension issues which I think is the operator not the machine...
3. Singer 99
4. Green Singer: not sure of it's number and is heavy
5. Singer Spartan: a workhorse
6. May 3, 1951 Featherweight: works beautifully
7. Old serger from 1970s: still works fine but doesn't have a cover stitch
8. Elna 704 DEX Serger with cover stitch: works beautifully
9. Sew Handy toy singer: works
10. Singer 127 Sphinx decals, treadle; works
11. Singer 127 Sphinx decals, can be a treadle or electric which works. Want to convert to hand crank.

Gave a small Janome to my nephew. Donated 2 clones to the Kidney Foundation Community Thrift store.

I love the old Singers but don't know why as my Mom didn't sew much but had some kind of clone for a while that she used when she did sew.

Did learn to sew on a treadle in Home Ec class. Maybe that's why I love them. All of my machines work and I keep them clean and oiled regularly. Sew on them also but most use the Viking as it is like driving a RR instead of a Volkswagen. LOL!!!

I learned early to sew--to early to remember. Anyway, on a treadle. I didn't get an electric one until I was married. One summer I made about 6 square dance skirts-------------and two can cans. about wore out my right leg!