Old 06-25-2013, 07:50 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

JeanieG, CarrieM and GGal ... and to think I even have some of that spray. Forgot all about it! I've heard about the sliders too. They say they are so good, but no one will demo one to me! So at that price, I have held back on buying, til I know something more positive, other than from a sales person! They aren't very big, so another reason I am hesitant.

Anael
... I don't really know if it's the plexi that's the issue ... or probably more likely it's ME and getting used to the how to!!! I think you should just leave your quilt table set up all the time ... who needs a dinner table? You could always get a motor bike or scooter! You might want to upgrade the seat on your new bike, for more comfort.

Explanation re my set up ... my machine sets into a well (of sorts) in my desk. Then the plexi sits on top, so that all is level, except for the 1/4" rise to the plexi. When I was looking around, it seemed that all the tables were pretty much like this, so that there was adaptability from one machine to another, plus avoiding the need to cut a perfect hole for a specific machine. Some had recessed inserts, but they all seemed to be made of plexi or a plastic, and not the same wood as the desk top.

JanRN and GrannyQ ... what a nice addition to JanRN's block family! My how they play so well together. You two could have your very own swap!

MiraB ... and here we were all ready to ask for your recipe for this special Aussie Noddle Soup! Good timing with your "injury" ... that you had the UFOs caught up. As you recover, you can plan lots of new projects!!! And I see you have started with Sylvia ... just happened to start with your trademark roses! That'd be a pretty block for a matchy-matchy quilt top!

Honchey ... wonder if they may not get gooey, with it being refrigerated? What about adding some chopped rolos ... or heck, go all the way and just swirl in some caramel ice cream topping! I'm thinking Friendly's is ice cream? yeaaaaaaaaaa! mmmm Divinity Fudge ... my Mom always made it at Christmas time. You can add lots of chopped maraschinos for me!

MercysLand ... I'm sure Billy's family found your info quite interesting. No acupuncture knowledge to share, though many praise the practice! My own related story .... Chiropractic was so negatively perceived by most people, 33 yrs ago, when I had my first experience, but I came to the point where I was desperate and figured, kill or cure, it surely could not make me worse than I was getting under traditional care. I was willing to take the risk. So I went very hesitant, and surely did not tell many for a long time!!! So research about the procedure and whom you have it done by, then make an informed decision. It's such a pain to suffer with pain!

DublB ... good plan to let the little one end his day a little more positively at the park! How did the inspection go on the weekend? Any more conditions to be met yet?

CarrieM ... enjoying DD being finished her driver's ed? Just think how nice it will be when you can let her do the driving ............ and you stay at home!!

DDamsel ... YESSS!! ... pics pics pics and more pics please! Two raindrops ... I am sure the Albertans would like to share! We've had enough, and it keeps threatening, so it may get worse here before it's better. Meanwhile humidity is horrendous, with the humidex at 41°C! UGH! Now be sure to get back here .... sooner, than later!

Honchey ... alas! you are finally part of the MYSTERY .... when you can't remember who has you!

Finished my table topper last night. Got the binding started during the exciting end to the game and then the presentation of the Stanley Cup. Then decided, I'd better pack it in, and get some sleep! So perhaps tonight, a finish?