View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Pat625

Originally Posted by playswithcolor View Post
I just found this thread. I tried to get my quilty friends I go to shopping with to do something like this. They are hopeless and awful enablers.

Are there any rules to this challenge?

What are the allowed fabric purchases? Another group with a similar challenge allows backing, batting, background purchases and have a penalty of a FQ for non-legal purchases.

Are purchases for immediate use in warm hug (donation) quilts ok? Kids prints for my 93yr old Mom to turn into tops for a group in Colorado? I can get carried away with cute kids prints, especially frogs, bugs, butterflies, etc.

I definitely need the support and encouragement of a group like this!
HEHEHE- Rules?? Try not to buy and fabric unless you can create a new and interesting excuse!! If you need something specific to complete a project it's OK- If you are making a special request quilt, it's OK, Of course if it is your birthday, or you are on vacation, that's OK too. There are many hear that will help you with the development of a good sounding reason that you HAD to buy that fabric!! On the serious side, you try to work from your stash. I see a great excuse you can use!! You blame all fabric purchases on Mom!! Glad to have you join us!