Old 11-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Quilt Mom

I was in a Wal-Mart last night after 9:00 PM. I was looking for flannel. There was a large amount of flannel, and quite a variety of other fabrics. There were also several other people shopping for fabric. The employee in the area was very helpful as she chatted with all of us, cutting our purchases.

So I asked if there was a possibility the department would be going away, as it had in other w-m stores. She replied that they are one of three in the district getting to keep the department, by virtue of the fact that they outsold all the other fabric depts in all the other w-m stores in the district. She assured me there was no chance of discontinuing the dept. at this particular store, as the quilters purchase so much from there. :wink:

So I guess there is hope for keeping a fabric dept. in w-m, if you can get enough of the quilters/seamstresses/school home ec teachers & classes/etc. to buy from there.

Do I hear "UNITE"?

(By the way, this is not local for me. I have to travel over 60 miles to get to this particular store. It is usually my last stop in a long day of errand running.)