Thread: janome 8900
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Madriver

Originally Posted by OBX Quilter View Post
Madriver and others, I would also like a PM with the name of the Florida dealer with the great price on the 8900. Have you ladies actually made the purchase and had a good experience with this dealer online?
I sent you a private message.

I haven't had any problems with the dealer. Like I posted, this is my mother's local dealer in Florida. I live in NY and the machine was shipped up to me. The 8900 is awesome!

In the showroom, the dealer has a $2999 price tag on the 8900. When my mother expressed an interest in the machine, his initial offer was $2499. When her, her two friends and myself (in NY) said we all wanted one he said he'd do it for $2000 each. This was a few weeks prior to the quilt show in Paducah. My mother said she wasn't going to do anything prior to the show and wanted to price the machine there. The dealer said he'd price match Paducah although he doubted very much she'd get a better price there. He was right.

Once she returned, she went back to the shop. One of her friends backed out of the purchase so it was only 3 people purchasing instead of the original 4. He still (without a peep) sold the three machines for $2000 each. He also gave me free shipping/no tax.

I'm thrilled with the machine. It was a painless and easy transaction, not to mention a great deal.

Since his initial offer to my mother (before he realized more than one person would be buying) was $2499 there's NO WAY I'd pay more than that at any dealership.

Best of luck on getting your machine.