Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 AM
JustAbitCrazy

I don't have one, but I usually offer half price on used items, if they are in very good shape and complete. Find out what size machine base will fit on there, and how big a throat you can get for a machine with that size base. Generally you can freely move to quilt about half the space you have in the throat. Example: If the machine's throat is 24", you can expect to comfortably move the machine a foot, front to back. Sometimes you can move it more, but not when there is a lot of finished bulky quilt wrapped around the take up bar inside the throat (when you are nearing the end of the quilt). That's just a generalization, and much depends on the size of the quilt and the thickness of the batting, etc., but gives you an idea of the size of pattern you can expect to quilt. Always go for the biggest throat you can afford and accommodate, space-wise. If I were you, I'd certainly go see it, and take a tape measure, and maybe a machine of my own to put on there and try out. With a frame, stability is what's important. You want it to be absolutely level, and not vibrate. Good luck to you!