View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 11:36 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by soosanrs View Post
I recently found a half finished quilt made of fabric squares folding in half to make a triange...batting is put in and then it is sewn on all three sides with a blanket stitch using what appears to be crochet thread. The triangles are then joined together to make a quilt with the same thread. No pattern was with this and I was hoping someone would have one. This was originally done by my mother-in-law who passed 21 years ago and I found it in my sisters attic after she passed this spring so it has become important for me to finish it. Any help would be really appreciated. I also am having trouble finding the crochet thread its thinner then size 3 and I cant find a match. I am going to try emailing or writing thread companies and see what I can come up with. All the fabric was stored in a bag with the half made quilt so I just am looking for the pattern and the thread.

If you have the quilt which sounds super simple, why would you need a pattern?
Lay the quilt on a copier----copy 100%. put a craft backing on the paper, cut the pieces apart, transfer to some sort of template stuff then draw a 1/4 inch out from each side, and cut tempates. A lot simpler to do than that, actually, if you have any amount of design know how.