View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
alaskasunshine

BUCKET I love what you said!

On Jan 1,2000 we were in our yard and playing w/sparklers and DH was lighting off fireworks and he turned to me and unzipped his dow coveralls and opened a tiny white box and said I got you something for being a 20 year say at home mom a 2 carat diamond and I looked and thought for sure it was a JOKE! There sat a 2.04 carat solitaire diamond..sparkling back at me. Yes, I thought his was fake and a joke but he stood there in front of me and said I know it is plain and you can exchange it for something fancier if you want I just want you to know how greatful I am you are a stay at home mom. I was like ...what the heck are you serious? He was and then he said this... I know for Christmas you wanted an antique sewing machine and I got you a replica because I didn't want to get you something used for Christmas. I just cried and cried. And after I bought this ring I didn't have the money for anyhting but a replica. I was so humbled and in awe over his unselfish love for me and I felt horrible at my pout over my replica machine.
That night we went to bed and after crying for over 3 hours he asked me to downstairs to the livingroom cuz I was crying so hard I was shaking the bed. I LOVE MY RING! He picked it out all by himself! I am so tickled, still am! My husband is more than generous and BUCKET you nailed it in our comments beautifully.

Be thankful! Life is short. A friend recently said "You can be right or you can be happy" :D