Old 06-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Jenna K

Default Elgin S - 1145 Manual link

Let me start by saying, I know almost nothing about sewing machines, so try to be thorough in your answer. I just purchased Elgin Zig Zag Model S-1145 sewing machine and when I plug it in it just starts running. I cannot find a switch anywhere to turn it off/allow me to just . I know I am just overlooking it but if someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Here is the link to the manual http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down...e-s-1145-x.pdf

Originally Posted by retta97 View Post
Hello,
Just found your post and I bought a Elgin S - 1145 @ yard sale several years ago and have played with it and maybe this is your problem...Does it have a slide lever in center @ top of machine?? I was just playing with mine to see if I could discover problem and if lever is slide on the SS side you get VERY small stitches? Have you found a manual yet as I have done many web searches with no luck.If anyone out there has one PLEASE share as this is a real work horse machine but do not know how to use cams,streach stitch or button hole feature on it.