View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 04:43 PM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
It would be really helpful to figure out how wide a kingsize quilt with huge batting is when rolled up on a standard bar - wish someone would do that for us, because the question does come up pretty often.
indeed ... that's what I am trying to figure out. I know I need at least 12' frame to fit the width of a King size, but the length of a King is also larger - therefore a larger "roll" of finished quilt on the take-up roller. This is where the total harp size comes into play. It doesn't matter if I have a 26" harp if the top of the harp will interfere with the finished quilt on the take up roller. The Tin Lizzy looks pretty "shallow".

Feline Fanatic ... thanks for your thoughts on both the frame and the customer service that Innova offers. I must admit when I looked at the frame at the show I liked some of the features (the dead bar and the lift at the front to access the batting), but when my husband looked at it (pictures) he picked it apart. My husband and I run a business and we build machines out of the same extruded aluminum - so whenever I looked at the extruded aluminum (called 80/20) on the machines and the frames - I knew exactly what it was. Anyway ... because he engineers this stuff all the time he was picking apart some of the fittings they were using to brace and connect ... they do it differently than the way the 80/20 extrusion was designed be connected and braced. I think I'll take him up to the dealer and let him climb around on the frame a bit I DO appreciate your advice (and was secretly hoping you would answer this thread!) because I know you use this machine, and I've admired your work. I wanna quilt like you when I grow up