Old 06-26-2013, 05:55 PM
carriem

Karen--that MB for Honchey is very pretty.

QNS--your blocks for Janie are nice too...she has options as both match.

Janie--glad you are safe.

QE--great "first real" FMQ. Good idea to use "cheater" fabric to follow. I will have to keep that in mind when I am ready to do FMQ.

Jan--hope you made it through the storms ok. We've had our share the last couple weeks.

Bev--hope you got a good nap and are staying cool. Our temps aren't that hot (high 80s, low-mid 90s), but we always have high humidity during the summer.

Power came back on a little before 8. We went without power a few winters back for 18 hours due to ice on the lines all over the place...after that we got a generator. We were very thankful we heat with wood! The power goes out randomly around here for a couple hours at a time so it has been nice to have.

The river near us is still coming up. They cancelled the "grand stand" events and rides at our county fair due to flooding. The 4-H buildings/exhibits are uphill a little more so as of right now they are still on...judging was today on projects. Some of the animal shows will be moved to another county's fairgrounds. It is too bad as this is the 125th Anniversary so they had some big stuff planned. I know someone who had her quilt in the open show and she said today they were telling people to take things home...the "rules" state "projects are to stay until July 1st" so they really must not expect many to come through other than those there for 4-H.

Just two more days of taking DD to driver's ed classes. She drove her last time this afternoon. Next week DH is taking a week of vacation and the week after that is Day Camp at our church (like Vacation Bible School). Then I will be able to get back into a regular routine at home!!