View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 09:01 PM
nancia

i will do my best to post a picture. i cut it out after charting the cuts on paper. goofy me, i left the pattern at home! but once i drew it out i cut away! i'm not sure , judy , how this one is going to do. it has lots of colors so it may end up quite a mess. at any rate i will post pictures! this is the first time i will be making something to stay here, or i might send it to a natural disaster site--isn't that why we have natural disasters? so we have new homes for our quilts!
sandy-- i have the same concerns about the stuffing. so i fold the fleece into a Z, then sew the sides. this gives the animal 2 places it can crawl into, or it can lie on 3 thicknesses of fleece. i haven't made any for large dogs yet, but the ones i made first are quite popular with my cocker spaniels and cats. these will be going to the trenton animal control, which is also a shelter. i make them different sizes to fit into the cages. some i will just sew 3 or 4 good size pieces in a stack, and i also plan to make fleece blankets out of 2 large pieces of fleece for those animals that like to make nests. nothing fancy, but soft, comforting and washable!