View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:32 AM
leatheflea

Default Mens shirts Update

Well I've come to a stand still on this quilt. I'm surprised there's not a hole burned into it from doing the "Quilt Stare" for hours. There's been a few ideas drift in and then right back out. So for now its looking at me as I quilt another quilt on the frame. Every once in a while it'll scream at me and say "What if you do this!" So I stare it down for a few more minutes until the screaming subsides. Don't get me wrong I love it when a quilt talks to me, but when it screams one bad idea after another while I'm doing other quilting related things, it gets annoying! I've more important things to do than chase after ideas that don't pan out. So for now I've set the design wall in the corner for a little time out with the strict instruction that it may not come out till it's ready to stop screaming bad things. And all of it's noisey little buddies, you know them, The Shirt Scraps, they too have been place in time out baskets in the other corner, with my finger waving, "Don't Say one word! Not one word, you hear me? I'm sick of your dumb ideas! Now stay there until you can come out and play right!" Telling me I need more birds! Come on...geesh...do you know how hard it is to design more birds? Appliqued names and wedding dates...OMG! What is wrong with this quilt? Why does it say such horrible things, does it know how hard these ideas are...I mean really, this is a freebie quilt, it's not mine! And who do think came to walking in about the time that thought ran through my head, well of course Mr. Guilt. Just a quick little tap on my shoulder letting me know that it doesn't matter if its not my quilt, all the more reason for me to make it special. I'm defeated aren't I? Well it's still taking a time out, it's a freebie, and there's no deadline and I need more time to figure out how to work in more of those birds that the quilt thinks it just HAS TO HAVE!
So quilty friends the picture is whats on the wall, with the help of the handy dandy computer ( and to shut up that quilt) I've added where I'd like to add Connie and her late Husbands names along with the date of marriage.
Attached Thumbnails connie%252520name.jpg