View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:55 AM
csharp

Originally Posted by Stitch124 View Post
Hi Colleen -- I FMQ exclusively on my 301A because I don't have anything else to use. My 301A is not dropped down into the table so I made some portable 'tables' that slide next to the machine. Also, I use a large piece of tablecloth plastic to cover over the machine bed and cut a hole out for the needle. I drop the feed dogs and keep my tension set at about 3-4. My tension will drop to 0 if I don't watch it. Then it's just a matter of taking my time and getting my stitch length even. I have stitched up to a lap size quilt in it. Also, make sure to change the needle and dust out the machine to help with the stitch quality.

I have a large t-shirt quilt ready to quilt this weekend, but I think I'm going to tie it rather than quilt it since it's going to a college bound boy and he probably would rather have it tied.

Good luck with your machine...I love mine.
What "hopping foot or fmq foot" do you use with the 301A. This is the only slant needeled machine I have, so I'm pretty sure the one I use on the 15-91 is not going to work. Thanks for all your suggestions. I did clean, oil, and lube as suggested in the manual, and the stitch is now just fine. Anxious to use it now for fmq.