Old 06-27-2013, 10:34 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by opal_sewmore View Post
hi...good day...
my dad gave me a sewmor 606 today.. i downloaded a manual and tried to see if parts are complete.

truth is, i have no knowledge about sewing. but i wanted to have a machine i could try practicing with. and so papa bought the sewmore 606. i didnt even know it was from the '50s until i researched it and came across this site.

i guess id just try to run it...but by the way, im from the philippines and we have a 220 volt, and the machine runs on a, 115 v and 1.5 amp.. i converted it to watts and it's 172 watts (please correct me if my numbers are incorrect) so do i need to get a transformer?

pleassseee recommend some good sites for basic sewing...thank you so much.
Opal,

Welcome to the QB.

The Sewmor 606 is a simple straight stitch machine. It will require periodic oiling and cleaning but otherwise is a sturdy and easy to use machine.
If you can't find a 220V motor that will fit you'll need to get a voltage converter to drop the voltage down to what the motor can handle. Other wise it will run way to fast and probably burn out.

nanna-up-north is right about taking courses. If that's not possible, then perhaps you can find someone near you that does sew to teach you the basics.

Joe