Old 06-27-2013, 10:58 AM
SemiSweet

Talking Hello From a Future Teacher, Grandma Taught me to Sew

Hello everyone!

My name is Carlie and I'm in school currently to be an elementary school teacher, hopefully a reading teacher (not a classroom teacher.) I live in Iowa with my boyfriend and 4 cats in our own house. I enjoy gardening (particularly roses and veggies), video games, movies, books, sewing and quilting.

I've been sewing since I was little, my grandma taught me to sew on the machine that was a wedding gift to her back in 1940-something. I got into quilting through taking a sewing class in high school. I sewed my first quilt there, a queen sized one (though not a true quilt, as it was just tied). My second quilt was a baby quilt that turned into a twin-sized quilt after it took so long that my niece would have been grown out of it already.

After having a 6-year break from quilting (didn't have the space in an apartment) I'm finally able to get back into it. Since getting back into quilting, I've made 2 baby quilts and one lap quilt (all tied) and one queen-sized quilt (machine quilted, nothing fancy just straight lines), half of a queen sized quilt that I started teaching my dad's wife to do (ended up with me doing most of the work so far), and the one I'm currently working on, a queen-sized that I intend to machine quilt.

Some examples of recent work:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421402[/ATTACH]
Quilt that I'm making with my dad's wife.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421403[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421404[/ATTACH]
Cat quilt, currently on my bed!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421405[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421406[/ATTACH]
Baby quilt that I made for a friend (used fabric left over from the 2nd quilt I made, my niece's baby quilt)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421407[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421408[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421410[/ATTACH]
Current quilt, for a friend with EDS (She commissioned this and asked me to make it reversible, the first two pictures are the back and then the front)

Can't wait to get to know you all!
~Carlie
Attached Thumbnails marys-quilt-so-far.jpg   marys-quilt-outline.jpg   sandwiching.jpg   cat-quilt-bed.jpg   alyssas-baby-laid-out.jpg  

alyssas-baby.jpg   arliss-quilt-back.jpg   arliss-quilt-front.jpg   embroidery-arliss-2.jpg   embroidery-arliss.jpg