View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 01:47 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I used to travel all the time with two cats but they started when they were kittens so it was part of their routine. If your little ones aren't used to traveling, you may be in for a difficult time. It will also take some time for adjustment after you get to your camp site.

My biggest concern is always "what if"? they get loose. Take extra precautions to make them as safe as possible and one important thing is if you are going to put them on a leash at any time they would be safer in harnesses rather than collars. Make the best of it and enjoy that you are doing your best for them. Keep calm and double check everything.
peace
Actually, that's a good point. These ladies did travel more when they were kittens. I was "young" and moved a lot. They always came in the car with me, and from time to time would come even if we weren't moving. It's been alot of years though since then. We have a harness for one of the girls - she used to wear it all the time, it kept her calmer, but I wouldn't have them outside at a campsite. I don't know what's on the ground for them to ingest.

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
We had an umbrella crested cockatoo that we could not find anyone that was not afraid of her. (Which was funny because she was very friendly and she was your friend for life if you shared your banana or grapes with her.) So we finally had to board her with the vet. When she came home she would make whining dog cries when she wanted to wake us up or if I was on the phone.
LOL! I guess that's a problem you face with a pet who can mimic sounds! I have a friend with birds, he tells me the oddest stories.