View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Wanabee Quiltin

We have been camping with cats for about 14 years now. I only have one now but we did have 2 at one time. We carry our cats out to the camper and let them find their own hiding place. We have horror stories of when Penny cat would hide under the slides in the bedroom (DH had to pull the floor up to get her until he finally fixed that). Now we have a young male cat and he struts around the camper till he finds his spot and then we lock the doors and drive off. We usually camp about 3 months each winter down south and then take numerous camping trips including a 3-4 week trip somewhere in September. I do not drug my cats in any way and they have never given me a problem. We put them in that camper each season and they always do really well. Our old cat stayed in a nice kennel by the window on the bed and would look out the window as we traveled, sure got lots of waves from travelers about that. But Shadow, our male, refuses any type of kennel and just likes to rest on the floor. We also travel with 3 dogs in the back seat of the truck and at one time carried 3 parakeets with us. If I am going camping, the pets have to come with us, we have no-one to help us with them. Good Luck.