Old 06-28-2013, 03:19 AM
Cogito

Originally Posted by starshine View Post

Lori does an awesome job of verifying on here of who is waiting and what she has still open on her list here on the forum. She does a great job of following up with contacting those that she hasn't heard from and ones senders haven't heard from.

Newbies remember that the PMs to Lori and the thank you pm are required for the swap but it is not required to post on the thread. And while we like hearing about it, there are some that don't have internet at home, and are using it at the library, and that may have time limits. And I know of one who mentioned having to go into town to use the internet. So they may be ones that don't usually post on the thread. Please don't fault participants for not posting on the thread when that isn't required.
I wholeheartedly agree that Lori does a fantastic job, especially since this swap seems to have a higher incidence of swappers not fulfilling their obligations. I know it is really difficult for the hostess so I don't envy her! Starshine there has been enough people responding to indicate that it isn't just illness etc. and while it may not be required to post on the board, common courtesy would dictate in my book that it be done when that is the social norm of the forum, AND if one can't post, say TY, etc...then I for one would not feel comfortable participating.
The biggest issue for me is that the people not sending at all are receiving!

OK, I believe I started this negativity, so I will end it.....ALL DONE! Time to move on, and let's continue the FUN!
i have seen some pretty cool packages being received!

Last edited by Cogito; 06-28-2013 at 03:24 AM.