View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 05:34 PM
caspharm

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
DogHouse Mom, I started out with a MegaQuilter 9" on a Grace Pro 10' frame, added PCQ, then switched over to MQR for my robotics. I then upgraded to a stretched Juki 18" and tried to add a dead bar to my system but didn't do it correctly so always had problems with it. The poles on the Grace Pro were aluminum so I added the conduit poles over them. Better but still had some give to it. Finally moved up to the Innova 26 with lightening stitch, 12' frame. As I have arthritis in both hands the dead bar alleviates the need to move the take up all the time for me. I also added the auto advance for the take up pole which is great.

If you ever think you'll want a larger machine and you decide on the Innova I'd go with the 22" as it uses the same frame as the 26". The 18" uses a smaller frame and you'd have to upgrade that too.

As others have mentioned, put down your priorities, test drive all you can and then sit down and write down all the pros and cons to each machine and see which one comes out with the highest number.

As to the Innova, you have 24/7 customer service with Michael, once you'd figured out your tension with each brand of thread you use, you'll be quilting away. There are so many videos on how to fix things yourself for this machine, you'll rarely have to call Michael for help. But if you do, he will keep with you till its corrected. This machine is such a joy to quilt with for me even if its been a couple of months since I quilted last, only takes a second or two to get your bearings and you're off to the races again with it.

Just my take on the subject.

Suz in Iowa

I also have an Innova 26"LS. I agree with Doghouse Mom and others about what they have said about test driving, Innova service, and the size of the machine.

I have said that I started out on a non-regulated Nolting and a non-regulated Gammill and tried others, but the Innova won my heart. Budget and room space also are considerations for choosing size and brand of machine. After trying different machines, you can search for used machines as well as check with a dealer to see if they have a demo for sale.

Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy it. You might also consider seeing if an LQS has a machine that you can rent to see if you like long arm quilting.