View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Tothill

I am one of the ladies who walks her cat in the campground.

We also used to take the cats to the cottage before we started RVing.

We did not plan to take Sophia with us. We have a class c motor home and she popped out an hour from home. We stopped at a pet store and bought a leash and harness for her, plus a litter box. We did not have a crate with us, but she did just fine. She had the harness on all the time and the leash every time we opened the door.

I walked her on the leash, she did most her business outside (it was challenging to scoop before she buried her poop.) She had her own chair by the campfire and was content to sit in it (leash tied) for hours.

We have taken her several times since. Sophia is 8 now.

Last year we had a kitten too. Lizzie wore a harness all the time too, but we did not let her out. We did bring the crate, but she was happy to wander around. We only crated her when we stopped.

Now we have Charlie too. I am not sure if we will bring him when we go camping next week. He may stay home with Lizzie.

We are lucky that the cats are healthy and we have a good arrangement with my Mum for her to feed them when we are away. We look after her old dog on a regular basis, so the system is fair.

We also have a 20# mutt that travels with us.