Old 06-28-2013, 11:10 PM
gale

thanks everyone. What I am looking for are ideas or plans where I can make it from scratch with wood from the lumberyard. I don't have any decent thrift shops and any that do have furniture they are either grossly overpriced or really bad condition furniture. I have been looking for pieces now for over a year (not just for this but for other areas of my house) and the people here are extremely proud of their stuff. We went to a secondhand shop a couple of weekends ago and none of the desks/hutches they had were under $800. Plus not a single one would have worked for my space. That is why I'm wanting to make something.

I'll look in the other areas of this forum. I'm not worried about toe room since my plan is for the underneath part to be at least 4-6" smaller than the top-so that I can clip quilts on while basting. So that should automatically give it plenty of toe room. The nearest ikea is hours away so that is not an option and I don't care about it being adjustable. I just want it on casters so I can move it around.