View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 04:31 AM
JoyjoyMarie

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I once saw a cat camping couple. They lived in an RV permanently. There was a fairly large, 4 x 5 cage mounted on the side of the camper with a pet door. When they got to where they were going, they installed the outdoor cage and then opened the the little pet entrance door and the cat could actually go outside, be it high up in the air, and enjoy fresh air and sunshine. The cat they had loved it.
We camped for a few years with our cats, and saw a rig once something like that - They had also opened up a way for them to get into the basement storage area for a cat box, I think, and the folks could "service it" from the outdoors. I thought that was great, because I was sick of the box in our hallway.

Our cats did quite well traveling with us. We had a great time with them. We had two exceptions in our travels - once, early on before his "travel adjustment," when Beethoven jumped out the window at a turnpike toll booth. We had to get him quick!! Fortunately, it was not rush hour there! and secondly, we hit some heat in S. Cal and AZ one year, that our air conditioner would not handle, so had to move along to cooler country before we had intended to.