View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 05:38 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I have 3 dogs and I made quilts for each of their crates. Nothing fancy just some material I had too much of. I took the measurements. I made them similar to a baby blanket MISSOURI STAR QUILT COMPANY has a tutorial on. I just used an old piece of knit fabric that I had enough for all 3. After I turned it inside out then I made wide cross hatch to stabilize it. They seem to like it because they always rearrange them in their crates/kennels. I made some for a friend who fosters animals until adoption. I use the fabric I really know I won't use and the batting can just be another ugly piece or pieces. The blanket tutorial is the way to go for me. My foster friend likes the size because she washes them everyother day and she can get quite a few into her washer. I've gotten fabric from some of the big box stores that often have up to 90% of bolts. Most of these bolts are 42" across and that is the average of the larger kennels in length so that's pretty good per yard. 90% off some of these ugly bolts can be $1.00 a yard and for $10.00 for 10 yards that isn't bad. old sheets work good too!