View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Phyllis42

This year I started making dog beds for our local Humane Shelter. They only have 12 kennels, but I have given them 36 so far this year due to chewing and tearing, and hopefully going with them to their forever home. Two quilt guilds give me scraps for stuffing. Ladies also donate larger pieces to make the pillows. I've stopped at a local upholstery shop also. I mainly go by the size of the larger pieces. So they do not have to be the exact measurements. I fold the outside fabric over and sew up three sides (round the corners ... easier to turn) leaving a hole to pull the fabric inside out as in pillow cases. (The Humane Shelter has a large front loader and can just throw them in.) Stuff them. Zig Zag hole shut. I don't care if it doesn't get cold in there, they need something soft to lie on. How many of us do not buy our fur babies beds to sleep on in our homes. Trying to upload picture with no immediate success. Enjoy making those fur babies soft pillows to sleep on.
Picture attachment successful. In the lower left is a small dark blue pillow. The larger pillows are about the largest the kennel will accept. This group is mainly outdoor/canvus fabric. The animal print is soft and cozy. The green and white is not a dog pillow.
Attached Thumbnails img_2052.jpg  

Last edited by Phyllis42; 06-29-2013 at 06:35 AM.