Old 06-29-2013, 10:24 AM
nancia

the shopping was the most exertion! i had to find john deere stuff, and capt america, his favorites. i made the quilt during our sleep-over at grann of 6's house. it's amazing what you can get done while talking , eating and drinking (just a very little bit of wine), and staying up til midnight. then up at the butt crack of dawn for b'fast and shopping, followed by an afternoon of sewing, talking, and laughing! these sleep-over home retreats may be the wave of the future! so much fun! and sue has a fantastic studio set up and is a charming hostess! we each brought a little something to the table, literally. judy joined us in the afternoon as her grandson finally passed the rock he'd swallowed a week before. that's a diet high in ruffage and minerals! lol. glad it worked out ok for him! we were all relieved. ( no pun intended, butt there it is! lol and another! the hits just keep on rockin')
d'sm, i'm glad you like the runner. as usual it is my own design and it gave me a few tense moments, and then behaved. and as usual, i forgot to take pictures of either the quilt and farm vehicles or the runner. hope you guys can do it for me. if not, no biggie. you all will have to use your imaginations! 8-) beau's quilt is backed with bright green dense fleece so it can bear the brunt of tractors and kids pounding on it, and it's soft and fuzzy for curling up in. there are 12 blocks, 8" squares, sashed with black kona cotton, and each intersection has a 2" square of road signs. the outer border is 2 rows of pick up trucks heading down an endless highway in both directions. there, you've got it-- as i mentioned before, i think, each square has something that represents a place, like there's a dog park and/or a dog store and a school with children and letters. there are 12 blocks. it's bound in black. d'sm has, as promised, a tropical feel runner, all bright batik, backed in orange, and an orange batik binding. there, that's your mind exercise for the day!. lol.

Last edited by nancia; 06-29-2013 at 10:37 AM.