View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Skittl1321

Default Hanging sleeve judged?

Does anyone know what criteria AQS uses to judge their shows? Is the hanging sleeve judged?

My quilt is good- I mean, not best of show good, but maybe in the running for a 3rd place ribbon kind of good. (At least I think so.)

The thing is, it is a machine quilt. Every stitch of it is done on a machine.

I've never learned to hand sew. I just tried to follow youtube videos to put the hanging sleeve on (though I think I have more of a whip stitch than blind stitch) and I'm about 1/8 of the way through the sleeve (had to stop it hurts my wrist so badly) and well, it doesn't look great.

I used thread that hides pretty well, but if you look really closely, it is pretty awful.

Does this ruin any chance at all I have of a ribbon?

AQS doesn't do written feedback, so a ribbon is the only kind of feedback you get at all.

I'm over the moon just getting into the Grand Rapids show, but I'm wondering if this really means I have no chance at all of an award. (The fact that I'm a beginner and I'd only been quilting a year or so when I made this quilt kind of tells me I don't have much chance- but I'm wondering if I can just blame my hanging sleeve... seems like judging a painter on the nail they use to put up the canvas though.)