Old 06-29-2013, 09:58 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
Default anyone have a Bernina 950 industrial machine?

I have been looking for another sewing machine for a while now and while i cant afford the 950 new I have found one used that I can stretch my finances to buy. Basically I need a machine that will sew through multiple layers of fabric. Amongst my many frustrations I was recently sewing a pot holder and put the binding on and when I went to sew the loop onto the binding my machine just did not want to do it. I also need a machine to occasionally hem jeans and to use on heavier materials with and also for sewing material where several intersections meet without the machine carrying on.
I have looked on ebay and decided on a machine and then read negative reviews so have not purchased anything.i have a bernina 180 so hoping that my feet off that would also fit the industrial one.
This would be a forever machine along with my bernina 180 so I am looking forward to hearing everyones opinions..good and bad especially from someone who actually has the 950.
I dont think I want to go the vintage machine route as have also researched those and I hope that the 950 would be a workhorse of a machine?