Old 06-30-2013, 05:08 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Mine is one smooth machine. Easy conversion. Just took the motor off and used the original hand wheel.
Here's a picture. The bright white knob on the top is a window crank knob from the hardware store. It is replacing the button hole pot metal knob that was disintegrating.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421764[/ATTACH]

Cathy
Mine Signature is similar but different, not a match exactly to yours. The knob to the right of the zig zag width - what does that do? On my machine that knob is also frozen. I would think it locks the zig zag at a certain width?

Thanks Miriam, I have oiled the feed dog drop button, but so far it is still stuck solid. Nothing rusty on this machine, it is very clean, but I doubt it was ever really used much. I almost completed the cheater quilt I am making for my new camper's bed yesterday. Since I had the Signature out oiling and cleaning it, I used it on the whole top. Well, the top I am making is very simple with a panel in the middle and rows of borders! I want it done in a hurry as I already have a horse camping trip planned! I already had all the fabric so I just went to town with it yesterday. This machine is VERY heavy. DH had to carry it out of the Thrift store. I started to carry it and dropped in on his foot! Luckily, I had almost set it down already so no drop to it, just a set down on his foot!

I am impressed with this machine. I have always avoided the MW and Sears machines - except for a Minnesota treadle I have - because I like the vintage Singers and Pfaffs, a few Japanese clones too!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 06-30-2013 at 05:11 AM.